Sunday, September 16, 2007

That Rocks my Ox





I was thinking maybe the Ox could be easily distracted by his own tail. Always chasing it like a puppy, etc. Maybe his tail has a personality of its own. It could slap the ox when he misbehaves. I started this sketch then decided I wanted to see how celestial and glow-y I could make the 'lil fella.

*Update: I was thinking this might be a cool way to reveal the Ox: The Emperor is reviewing his choices for messenger. We pan across the heavens and see the various constellations of the zodiac animals, each one revealed by a huge cosmic flash, with the animal looking heroic in his pose. We get to the Ox, with much buildup, and he's doing something totally stupid or is completely distracted, to setup his character right away onscreen.

1 comment:

Stacey Chomiak said...

That's awesome Brockster, I love the tail idea! He has to be kinda clumsy [yet loveable!] for the story to make sense.