Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Some interesting reasearch I have done!

Ok, So I decided to do some more reasearch into chinese mythology to kinda get a feel for whats going on. By no means do we have incorperate what I have found I just thought there were some interesting points we might like to know. Also it is quite possible that doing this research was a bit useless to our story but I figured it would be a good idea to get a feel for the real mythology before we mess it around. who knows someone might get inspired by somehting.

Also I just want to add that I have never posted stuff before so I'm not sure how to work this. If my post ends up wonky or in the wrong place, very sorry.

First thing I found that struck me was the story about the ox who is actually in mythology considered an evil messanger. (I'll post a link to save blog space lol)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ox_heads_%26_horse_faces

I was also trying to find what heaven would look like in mythology and I couldn't find a very good discriptive but I did fine this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gong_Gong
I like the idea of a mountain being a pillar holding up the skies. I think in design/layout purposes we could have alot of fun with the pillar idea.

So a bit more on the zodiac side of it.
http://www.chinesezodiacguide.com/chinese-zodiac-story/chinese-zodiac-history-chinese-zodiac-story.html
Personality
Occupying the 2nd position on the Chinese Zodiac, Oxen possess such character traits as dependability, strength and determination. Oxen are tolerant individuals who believe that the road to success involves hard work and scrupulous behavior; they don’t believe in taking shortcuts. They characterize those who don’t work hard as lazy individuals not worthy of respect.
Oxen are capable of trusting others and will listen to their opinions with an open mind. However, Oxen prefer making decisions that are based on their own research. Oxen favor strong, life-long alliances to casual acquaintances.
People born in the Year of the Ox are patient, speak little, and inspire confidence in others. They tend, however, to be eccentric, and bigoted, and they anger easily. They have fierce tempers and although they speak little, when they do they are quite eloquent. Ox people are mentally and physically alert. Generally easy-going, they can be remarkably stubborn, and they hate to fail or be opposed.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ox_(zodiac)



Thats it for now, just what i've been up to.

No comments: