Tuesday, April 8, 2008

After effects stuffs.

Looking for some tutorials online on how to do some effects, and here's what I found.

Making a camera iris, for the final shot. This one has the details on the apeture shutter things. I don't know if we wanted that, but here it is.

Mark and I were discussing making an image distorted, for his drinking scene and for my scenes in a portal. There seem to be two things that will work, depending on what we want to do.

Using a displacement map. An example of one being used. We'll still have to experiment to make it work, but I think it's a starting point.

For my scenes, I was thinking more of a heat distortion near the edges of the frame. I found a tutorial on making heat distortions, using particles. Perhaps a combination of the two techniques will work for me, so that it's not distorting the entire image, but just around it.

I also downloaded copies of these, so I can show people on the school computers.

And now, it's so much later than I thought it would be. I will be into school as soon as I eat!

No comments: